9 weeks to go!
Monday – 4 miles
Tuesday – rest
Wednesday – 8 miles. I had 15 on my schedule but that just wasn't going to happen. Worked too late and I just didn't have the time or energy to keep going.
Thursday – 4 miles
Friday – yoga
Saturday – NYRR Autism Speaks 4 miler. I PR-ed by over a minute! I know I'm still super, super slow but it's nice to see an improvement.
Sunday – post Atlantic City death. I laid on the couch all day and prayed for the hangover gods to just kill me off.
Total – 20 miles, 1 yoga session, 1 horrible hangover
8 weeks to go!
Monday – 4 miles
Tuesday – 4 miles
Wednesday – rest
Thursday – 3 miles
Friday – yoga
Saturday – another hangover. This needs to stop happening.
Sunday – 18 mile tune-up in Central Park on zero food or energy because I was so sick the day prior. I'm bad at life.
Total – 29 miles, 1 yoga session
Things I learned in the past two weeks:
- I cannot handle booze. I rarely go out anymore but when I do I am SO SICK the next day…..like head pounding/so dehydrated/hurts to be alive kind of sick. I think I need to quit drinking until the marathon is over.
- People take their clif shot bloks out of the plastic wrapper and wrap each blok in tinfoil? I saw a girl doing this on the subway on the way to race and it blew my mind.
- My stomach does not like Gatorade. I had to stop THREE times during my 18 miler. Enough said.
- I need new shoes. My feet and knees hurt while I'm running, so I'm thinking that's the cause.
1. I got on the scale today and it was a disaster. I'm up almost 20 pounds from where I was in January. I know I've gained a little because I've been running/eating more, but I'm pretty sure most of it is due to alcohol. Whoops. Might be time to cut back a little.
2. I'm running a race tomorrow – the NYRR Autism Speaks 4 Miles of Hope. Last time I did a 4-miler I ran it in 42:38. I'd love to beat that, even by a few seconds, by I'm not expecting that to happen. Like I said, I'm almost 20 lbs heavier, which definitely does not translate to faster running times for me.
3. And then I'm going to AC! I'm spending the weekend there to celebrate a friends birthday and I'm pretty excited. So yeah….that cutting back on booze thing obviously can't start this weekend….
4. I ran out of GUs and shot blocks so I used gummy bears for my long run. Possibly one of the best decisions I have made lately.
5. I found my new favorite snack. I'm not a huge almond butter person but this Cocoa + Coconut Barney Butter is one of the best things to happen to me. I've been putting it everything – apples, bananas, toast, spoons….to die for.
That's all. Hope everyone has a great weekend!
And now I feel like a hungry, hungry hippo! I've been insatiable all day. I don't even know what's going to happen when I start running longer distances.
I feel like there's a good chance I'm going to put on a few pounds while I'm marathon training.
Right now I'm packing and then I'm off to the Jersey Shore for the next five days. My goal is to actually stay active on vacation. I want to run twice, swim and play tennis….very different than my usual sit-on-the-beach-and-drink style.
The true essentials: sneakers, flip flops, swim suits and booze!